May 7, 2024

Do I need a guarantor if I am an overseas student?

Strafe Creative

5 min read

Share this post

Yes, we would still require a guarantor that qualifies for the following:

a) A homeowner within the UK with a reasonable source of income (Pension, employment, self employment)

b) Are residing in the UK and earning 5x the annual share of the rent of the tenant you are guaranteeing. With this in mind, the documentation required is Proof of Homeownership/Address, Proof of income and proof of identity.

Alternatively, you can use a third party company such as Housing Hand, that will act as a guarantor for you.